Youth ROCKS Mission Trip 2012

Youth ROCKS Mission Trip 2012
Ready to Roll!

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Here We Go! - Devin R

Here we are in the great ol' state of Missouri. The locals have been welcoming to our group and all other groups volunteering here too. On Tuesday Ashley and I put on a garage door. That last sentence is misleading because we held things and watched, but Marty and Jim did all the work. This week has been exhausting. After being in Africa for 3.5 weeks, London for 24 hours, and 48 hours of plane rides later, I can't even believe I'm here. I miss my home and family. But I know that I get to go home and see my Mom! The people of Joplin weren't so lucky. They lost their home and some lost their family. It's good to know that I can help and give them a piece of what they lost before - Love, Devin

No comments:

Post a Comment