Youth ROCKS Mission Trip 2012

Youth ROCKS Mission Trip 2012
Ready to Roll!

Monday, June 25, 2012

Jack E "Jopwin"

All the Youth ROCKers are super pumped for this year's mission trip, even though the road to Joplin was much more tiresome than we first expected. After 14 long, painful hours and lots of unsuccessful attempts at sleeping, we arrived at Byers Avenue United Methodist Church. The church is really nice, much to my surprise. They have provided us with towels, shampoo, toothpaste and even more. Quite the accomodations. On Monday morning, the majority of our group, including myself, went to an empty lot and cleaned it up a bit. A lot. We ripped out weeds, picked up trash, and cleared out most of the rocks. We got to see the visual effect of our hard work, and that was pretty cool. Joanna worked a little too hard and passed out but she is okay now!!! Now we are all just chillin out in the common room(?) and giving each other hair wraps. I got a hair wrap. It's chill. I think we're about to eat, so I'm gonna roll out. ~Peace N Blessins~

1 comment:

  1. Clarification: I, Joanna did not pass out, but did get temporarily sick and am doing just fine.

    ReplyDelete